The results for the Scientific Student Projects Session 2016 can be found here.
Every year, the Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers is organizing the Scientific Student Projects Session, in which students can enter the competition with papers. In 2016, the Scientific Students Project Session will take place on 13 and 14 May.
Call for Papers
The sections are called:
- ”03-10: Software systems and network services” for bachelor students, scheduled on 13 May 2016
- “03-0C: Networking and network services” for master students, scheduled on 14 May 2016
Each section will include an “Operating Systems and Compilers” subsection and a “Networking and Security” subsection.
The following topics should be considered for the “Operating Systems and Compilers” subsection:
- Reliable Operating Systems
- Embedded Systems
- File and Storage Systems
- Performance Management
- Memory Management
- Power Management
The following topics should be considered for the “Networking and Security” subsection:
- Network Design and Management
- Network Protocols
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Mobile Networks
- Wireless Networks
- Network Performance Evaluation
- Network Security
- Code Security
- Reliable Network Protocols
- Malware Detection
- Vulnerabilities and Exploits
Please use this form to register yourself to the Student Scientific Projects Session until 3.05.2016.
The paper and presentation can be written in English or Romanian.
The paper should have 8 pages.
You must consider this template.
The presentation should have 10 slides and should consider the following template:
- PowerPoint template: English Template (.pptx) | Romanian Template (.pptx)
- LaTeX template: Download Archive (.zip) (see “latex-beamer/” directory)
The papers must consider the laws of Copyright and the Ethical Academic Code.
The authors must take full responsibility for data precision, experimental data, scientific statements and paper translation.
The following will be evaluated:
- 2.5 p – the paper
- 2.5 p – the presentation
- 2.5 p – impact/relevance
- 2.5 p – complexity/implementation
- bonus – questions for other teams
The paper and presentation must be sent to the project coordinator in doc, ppt and pdf format until 01.05.2016.
The paper and presentation must be brought in electronic format (on a memory stick) and the paper also printed on paper.
Each presentation must have maximum 8 minutes.
The presentations will be held in PRECIS room 706 according to the following schedule:
- ”03-10: Software systems and network services” (bachelor) will be held on 13.05.2016:
- 9:00-11:30 – Operating Systems and Compilers
- 12:00-13:30 – Networking and Security
- “03-0C: Networking and network services” (master) will be held on 14.05.2016:
- 9:00-11:30 – Networking and Security
- 11:30-13:30 – Operating Systems and Compilers